Everybody knows that one of the keys to success is planning and if you want to plan the party of the season well it’s time to get, ahem, crackling! We thought it would be good idea to share some of our ideas for some delectable Christmas canapés that will have tongues tingling until next years Christmas party comes around.
Favourite Savoury Christmas Canapés:
- Mini Crab Cakes with Lime and Tomato Salsa – made with fresh crabmeat, chillies and lime and served with a tomato, lime and soy sauce salsa. Light, refreshing and zingy, a counterbalance to more traditional fare such as:
- Turkey and Cranberry Filo Parcels – these are special mini parcels filled with delicious turkey breast and cranberry sauce. It’s not a Christmas party without a nod to the season’s most popular poultry.
- Stem Ginger and King Prawn Skewers – king prawns marinated in stem ginger, fried in butter. One word. Yum. Do we have to wait until Christmas to sample these?
- Caramelised Red Pepper and Rosemary Tartlets – deliciously light filo tartlets filled with caramelized red pepper strips with gorgonzola cheese. A canapé full of warmth and earthy flavours, ideal for the Christmas season.
- Stuffed Green Olives wrapped in cheese pastry sprinkled with poppy seeds. Sophisticated and continental, a Christmas crowdpleaser.
- Buckwheat Blini with Smoked Salmon, Creme Fraiche. A delightful and luxurious canapé, wonderful for the yuletide party season.
- Chicken Liver Pate on a Mini Oatcake with Redcurrant Jelly – A classic made seasonal with the addition of a special, home made redcurrant jelly.
- Stuffed Cocktail Sausages with Cream Cheese dipped in Chopped Walnuts – Answer me honestly. Would it really be a party without cocktail sausages?
There is nothing quite like arriving at a party and being handed a glass of wine and served a variety of delicious canapés and tasters. If you would like to add some real Christmas sparkle to your party or event talk to Eden Catering today about our wonderful canapé receptions.